WorkSite:

views from VA studios across the country and beyond

Alumnx:  Pete Driessen (S 98) Minneapolis, MN, United States

My home, yard, garden, alley and tuckunder garages, along with offsite residencies, and a rough outpost space that I maintain at the Northern Pacific Railyard in Brainard, MN, all circulate around a main studio hub for my creativity. Moving between a range of interdisciplinary activity, from 2D to Public Art, to curating an alternative gallery, requires a flexible workspace(s). Here are two images of my NE Minneapolis studio from Spring 2018, as my partner, Nina (aka Collaborative Seamstress), and I were getting ready for an annual open studio art crawl with a new body of collaborative, painted textile work.

As a cultural producer, I need to be able to have independent thinking space to do R&D modeling, an adaptable production area, scalable storage capacity, clean documentation area, and raw exhibit presentation capability, that are all ever evolving and shapeshifting. One photo, shows the jam-packed loft storage area, along with moving scaffolds acting as shelving, with two hidden lower office and tool/sink rooms underneath. The second, shows how a moveable wall can divide the space into both storage, working and exhibiting areas simultaneously. The site was ample for recent VCFA graduate, Geno Luketic, to exhibit and perform during the 2019 NCECA Conference.

NStudio

@petedriessen

TuckUnder Projects